Moon Over Bourbon Street

Moon Over Bourbon Street

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Web Comic Wednesdays

First off, some of you may have noticed that Tutorial Tuesday did not happen.  That is because yesterday’s workflow got a bit ahead of me.  I’m in the middle of preparing the whole post and should have it up by end of day today, so today becomes a two-fer. 

Onto the real business of today.  It’s Wednesday, which means new web comics!  I went back and forth about what I should talk about today.  I like a lot of different web comics and have spoken about some of them before.  To that end to keep it frosty I’ll be talking about web comics that I haven’t mentioned before. 

First up is Kate Beaton and Hark! A Vagrant.  Kate is a Historian who took her love of history and a whip smart sense of humor and started doing web strips.  The strips have gotten so popular that Drawn and Quarterly put out a collection of them.  Check out the funny here:

                                     Hark! A Vagrant 

 

Next up we’ve got Cleopatra In Spaaaace! by Mike Maihack.  This fun ongoing series is about a teenaged Cleopatra VII who is transported to the future from her home time of 52 BC, and is the center figure of a centuries long war. 

                                 Cleopatra In Spaaaace!

Series creator Mike Maihack has worked on such books as Jim Henson’s The Storyteller, Cow Boy and Comic Book Tattoo.

 

Finally for today we have My Sister The Freak by Dani Jones.  Dani has made a niche for herself working in all ages and children’s publishing and now is turning her fun style to web comics.  My sister the freak is about two sisters who are learning to deal with life and the ups and downs of family.  Did I mention the alien monsters?  Volume 1 is available to read and Dani is currently working on volume 2.

                                 My Sister The Freak

 

And that wraps up this week’s Web Comic Wednesday!  Tune in later today for the postponed Tutorial Tuesday, which is all about inking!  remember if you know a web comic I should be reading, or have a web comic of your own, tell me about it by leaving a comment in the comments section!  Until next time, keep it weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment