Moon Over Bourbon Street

Moon Over Bourbon Street

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sketch Monday

I've been feeling the need to paint lately, but I am woefully out of practice.  This is in no small part due to me having had comics work going strong for the last three years.  With most of my projects wrapped up for the moment, I spent the weekend indulging that painting itch.After an aborted start on a canvas, yesterday I sat down with a sketchbook and some gouache and did this:
this is my second attempt at this character study of Ashe, the main character from The Battle of Blood and Ink.  The first one quickly got away from me and was subsequently scrapped.  I've still got a ways to go before I'm comfortable with painting again, but I think this is a great place to start.  Oh and I know the title says Sketch Monday.  The piece was done on Monday, and it is only Tuesday morning :) 

2 comments:

  1. Acrylic painting looks good. Can't have been too much screaming for that. ;) Charles from ASL (choughton(at)anapraxis.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second attempt at this painting. The first one got away from me completely and there was screaming. Oh the screaming.

    ReplyDelete